Pay changed from weekly to monthly

Wendy Van Oosten_8738626
Wendy Van Oosten_8738626 Member Posts: 21
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Hi, I have changed an employee from Weekly pay to Monthly pay. Although I have changed every setting I can find, it still comes up as a weekly amount when I create a payrun. Can someone please tell me all of the steps to see what I may have missed? 

Comments

• Wendy Van Oosten_8738626
    Wendy Van Oosten_8738626 Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2019
    OK I think I've fixed it up. I have to go into the pay run and change the figures. If it doesn't work next month I'll come back. 

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Wendy

Go into their payroll & compensation info tab, and instead of hourly set up a salary pay and put in the $$ p.a, change the frequency to Monthly... don't for get to change the leave accrual details to  reflect the new accrual amount per pay period which is now a month.  This would be their hours of a/l divided by 12 will give you the monthly accrual rate  i.e 4 wks @ 8hr days = 160hrs div 12 = 33.33 hrs month accrual.  do same for pers. leave.

or you could use hourly but you have to put in the hours worked in the month. And usually someone on a monthly pay is on salary package which includes overtime sometimes and not always a set hour per week or day.
  • Lynda Chater_9039203
    Lynda Chater_9039203 Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2017

Hi Kwikbooks, 

That accrual rate would be incorrect, most people in the Australian workforce have a 38 hour week, with 152 hours of annual leave.  Therefore the accrual rate for annual leave would be 152/12 = 12.667 and  personal leave half of this or 6.333

• Lynda Chater_9039203
    Lynda Chater_9039203 Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2017

Hi Kwikbooks, 

That accrual rate would be incorrect, most people in the Australian workforce have a 38 hour week, with 152 hours of annual leave.  Therefore the accrual rate for annual leave would be 152/12 = 12.667 and  personal leave half of this or 6.333

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hi Lynda

Most do but not all, I have a lot of clients that work the 40hrs and don't have the roster day off, and it is too confusing to clients when the guys work 40hrs every week an 8 hr day, and have to try and work out personal leave and annual leave on a 7.6hr day.

It was an example given only.  As long as the accrual is done correctly on a 7.6 hr day or an 8 hr day it works out the same.

Also some awards have 10days personal leave and others have 8 days personal leave.