Credit only part crediting Bill

maria_9343200
maria_9343200 Member Posts: 15
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hello,
Have a very annoying problem, when we try to credit a supplier invoice the credit only part allocates to the invoice. 
EG: invoice is $100 and credit is $100, but when applying the credit it will leave the invoice outstanding by $4.01 and credit by -$4.01.
The outstanding amounts always match so zero themselves out and differ every time, from 0.16 up to 11.22.
The invoice will be showing as outstanding by $4.01 and if you try and reapply the credit, it won't do anything.  
I have also tried to pay the outstanding amount as well but the payment wont apply to the invoice.
Super annoying as have heaps of invoices showing as overdue which are actually not.
please help!
thanks,
Maria

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    this happens if you mix up tax codes or if you have negative tax happening... the only way to fix is to make sure that you use Bills for purchasing tax codes where tax is positive - and if there are credits or deductions for different things - then do Bill Credit for these and then apply the credit to the bill... I am sure if you showed us what the original bill looked like we could see where its not happy...  no amount of fiddling will fix it until you look at what needs to happen and then redo the bill entries.  Send through a screen dump and myself or another AP will be able to tell you how it needs to change.  Cheers Linda
  • maria_9343200
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Linda
    The tax codes are all 'E' as they are International Suppliers.  
    imageimageimage

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    hmm.. this makes me think that there is corruption in the entries, have you deleted the bill and the bill payments and started again?     I have never used an E tax code? is this one you made yourself?  what do you see in the History screen for the bill?

• maria_9343200
    edited February 2018
    Morning Linda,
    E tax code is exempt for international transactions which have zero tax.  We can't delete the bill as it has integrated from another program.
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    ok - well that sucks - are you able to delete the credit?  maybe the cleanest thing would just be to do a new credit, but dont apply it to the bill?  then at least the amounts are the original full amounts and you will just have to live with the Zero figure on the AP summary report...  not sure anyone else has any ideas?  Cheers Linda