Upexpected Welcome Screen in Personal Plus 2015

Martin Barker
Martin Barker Member Posts: 2
I've been using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015 since 2015. Normally when I launch application it automatically starts up in the QDF file previously used. Over the past few days it now starts up with a Welcome Screen as if this is a new installation. There are with 2 options "I am new to Reckon Accounts" and "I am already a RA user". I choose the later and then on next dialog open my QDF file. This works fine, and application works as normal. However, next time I launch the application I get the welcome screen again. Why doesn't open into the previous file as it used to? One clue as to change of behavior - application is installed on C:/ drive and QDF data file is  located on D:/ drive. I recently  replaced my physical D drive after copying all the data from old drive to new drive (with exactly same folder/file structure). Could this make Personal Plus think it is a new installation? Why does it keep repeating welcome screen? thanks in advance  

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi Martin,
    Welcome to the Reckon Community, glad to have you on board.
    I recently replaced my physical D drive after copying all the data from old drive to new drive
    I think you've hit the nail on the head with the above. I've found a KB article which I think might be relevant to the situation you've outlined, check it out here -

Error: This does not appear to be the same computer your copy of Reckon Accounts was originally....

In particular, I'd recommend step 2 in your case. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Martin Barker
    Martin Barker Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    Never mind, I found answer on Related Conversations. Repair is described in Knowledge Base at 

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=2768  

• geoffreywieland
    geoffreywieland Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    I had the same problem. After trying all possibilities I got in a P.C. expert because I gave up trying to speak to any human at Reckon. I continually ask myself why I continue to use this software - and pay an annual subscription when I bought the software out right.