Problem: Version R2 Reckon Cloud -Using Edge Browser Windows 10 - Copy/Paste and Mouse Slide

Julie Stewart
Julie Stewart Member Posts: 4
edited August 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hi Ray, I was wondering during the next planned maintenance will you be fixing the mouse slide and the copy/paste to clipboard. Since the new version R2 went in, it no longer works. Regards the copy/paste I cant actually highlight the text to copy it, to place it in the clipboard. Plus, I can no longer use the mouse slide when trying to select a particular customer or assign a job ref to an invoice etc. as the slide doesn't work anymore either. Was fine before R2. This is when using Edge browser in Windows 10. Cheers Julie.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Julie,
    Does the same behaviour occur if you log into Reckon Accounts Hosted on a different browser eg. Google Chrome as a test?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Julie Stewart
    edited August 2018
    Hi Ray,
    Just tried it in Google Chrome and;
    the mouse slide also doesn't work and I can't copy and paste at all as the little chest in the right corner doesn't have the clipboard as an option anymore, and although I know it said in R2 that it should work without it in chrome, it doesn't for me?
    This is really odd, as before R2 everything worked great for me (as expected in both Edge and Chrome) and I have been using Reckon hosted for a few months now. I do prefer to use Edge with Windows 10 as I'm finding it to be quite a good browser.
    First of all I thought it might be my mouse or something but,  both the cut and paste and the mouse slide works fine using all other software ie. word, excel, outlook etc.  
    Could there be some settings on my computer ..... it is a fairly new computer, purchased it about the same time I started using Reckon hosted? Thanks Julie
  • Julie Stewart
    edited August 2018
    Hi Again Ray,

To add to my earlier comment today, if I copy and paste within Reckon (so something from one invoice to another) it works, but if I try to copy something from Word and paste into Reckon it doesn't work. This is something we do all the time in our business as we create quotes/job acceptances within Word and then when I am making up the invoices within Reckon I need to copy and paste the body of the quote from Word into Reckon. Thanks Julie.

• Julie Stewart
    edited August 2018
    Hi Ray,
    Any ideas regards to above two posts?
    Cheers, Julie
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Julie,
    When you attempt to copy & paste, what is the process you're going through? ie. are you using Ctrl C to copy & Ctrl V to paste?

Reckon Accounts Hosted was updated recently and one of the updates was to remove the need for the clipboard and instead direct copy & paste is available through Ctrl C & Ctrl V.

Can you confirm this is working for you if you perform this process?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.