Payroll Issues! Payrun and bank payments doubled up in Salary expense account

Breanna Grebenc
Breanna Grebenc Member Posts: 2
edited June 2019 in Reckon One
Needing help! Not sure how to make it work

Just in Looking at my BAS report which states that I have paid double the payroll for the financial year!! I have found that the payruns that have been completed have been placed into the expense account 'Saralies-Ordinary'. After completing the payrun, I will then manually transfer the money to the employees. Issue with this is that then when reconciling the bank accounts, there is now a double entry for the Salaries ordinary, meaning I would have paid double the tax...Not good...

Is there any way to associate the wage payments in bank transfers with the payruns so that there isn't this double entry for BAS?

Thank you in advance!!

Comments

• Lynda Chater_9039203
    Lynda Chater_9039203 Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2019
    Hello Breanna

I think you may have set your payroll accounts up incorrectly and are now having the expense and liability going into the one account.

If you go on line and look at the reckon video of setting up the payroll you will see what the proper accounts are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ILrDZGJRLc

Cheers
    Lynda
  • Josh_10005069
    Josh_10005069 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    I seem to have a similar problem, but I have each payrun doubles up in "Payroll Expenses" and also "Payroll expenses:Salaries and Wages" for slightly different amounts each pay run.
    Obciously it is messing with my true profit.