Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

BAS report is giving me different figures to my tax detail report

TaraTara Member Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
My BAS report is giving me a different figure for GST on purchases to my tax liability report and my tax details report. Could you please point me in a good direction to try to find out where this difference lies? When I printed out the tax detail report I found that the 'original amount' and the 'amount paid' were not always the same. Is there a reason for this? Also why are invoices sometimes split up on different dates in the tax detail report:

eg. Inv 516211 for $23.74 is shown on the report 5 times with the amount paid totalling $23.74 but in 5 small amounts making up this figure...

Comments

• John GraetzJohn Graetz Member Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Tara.  Is it possible that you are running the reports on say a Cash Basis and the BAS on an accrual basis, or vice versa.  It sounds like they are not both the same.
    John L G
  • Jacqui AllenJacqui Allen Member Posts: 243
    edited April 2019
    Tara, I've been using this product since it's inception and found where there's a discrepancy between these two reports generally indicates a data integrity error. There are several things you need to do to resolve this, call me on 0412 485 495 and I'll provide instructions.
  • RozepRozep Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2019
    Hi Jacqui.
    I have a similar error. Can I give you a call to discuss, if so when would suit you best?