creating zero value payslip

Janene_8281067
Janene_8281067 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I need to Create a Zero Value Payslip for an employee; the AL and SL have all been depleted. But need to show they are  still an employee, and send a zero value payslip.  
We don't want to put annual leave salary as a value then LWOP as a negative value.  Technically not on LWOP.  When i have zero values in the earnings i just get an error saying cannot have zero valued........   can anyone help?  Thanks Janene 

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    try setting the total pay as $0.00001
    this is how I manage some Directors who don't draw any salary but for whom we are still making superannuation contributions
  • Janene_8281067
    Janene_8281067 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    That is perfect!!  thank you so much.  Janene

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited February 2020
    I disagree.  

If the pay in Earnings section (top left) is set at $0.00001 the system allows this but when the pay is processed it is rounded to $0.00 in the bank account and in the payroll reports.

In addition, my STP lodgements have been accepted using this methodology.

As mentioned above, I use this for Directors who do not draw salary but for whom we pay superannuation.
  • julesm
    julesm Member Posts: 4

I tried this method of entering an hourly Rate of 0.0001 but upon creating the payment I am prompted by Reckon Hosted to correct the zero value pay cheque. So what I did instead was I created & entered a Payroll item JK-TIER1 & its value set to .01 & then adjusted the tax to .01 balancing the paycheque to zero. - Eureka ! So now I can send this STP to the ATO😃