Creating ABA files - payment method was previously 'online' - many payees ready to process!

Options
GlynisFNQ
GlynisFNQ Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry - couldn't think of a better title - what I am trying to do is start paying employees with the Online payment method (I am using Hosted) via creation of ABA files. All previous pay slips that have been created since 2019 have already had 'Online' selected, therefore, when I come in to the Online Banking Centre there are hundreds of Payees ready to be processed.

Can I simply select all and create an ABA file that I simply do not process?

Thank-you for your help!

Glynis

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,299 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

That’s what I would try but I think you would have to do one at a time, let me know what happens

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,299 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I download the aba file and someone else lodges it, so don’t use the direct method, that’s why some people would do that

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Actually rethinking this you should be able to select all, I’ll be keen to hear

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

Yes, you can select all of them and name the file as a clean-up file. Once you have done this, the names will disappear. There is no obligation to lodge the payment, you just do not do that step. I have done this a number of times in the past. In some cases where I have a single employee to pay, I use the online banking feature in order generate the online banking details which contain the bank account details.

John L G

• GlynisFNQ
    GlynisFNQ Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

@John Graetz

That's great to hear John! I will go ahead and clear them all today - ready for payday!

Many thanks!

You too @Kris_Williams 😉