Reckon Accounts Easy Start: First Business 2014 (via Accountant Edition)

Kali
Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am current using 'Reckon Accounts Easy Start: First Business 2014 (via Accountant Edition)' for my personal bookwork - I have called a couple of times over the years to check whether I need to upgrade to a newer software and the answer has always been no.

Just checking this is still the case? I received an upgrade link to Reckon Accounts via email and just wondering if i need to do anything with it - does this apply to EasyStart?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2021

Hi Kali,

What does the new/recent email sent to you state specifically?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kali

Here's your copy of Reckon Accounts 2021

Reckon Accounts 2021 Now Available to all Accredited and Professional Partners.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Ok cool. That's an early release of Reckon Accounts 2021 for Reckon Partners. Wider release to everyone is right around the corner.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kali

I am a professional partner.

So there is an updated version of EasyStart i should be using?

• Rav

EasyStart was the entry level edition of Reckon Accounts Desktop but it has been retired for a while now. Reckon Accounts Desktop now has 4 editions; Accounting, Plus, Premier, Enterprise which come with a varying level of functionality & features (more info here) so depending on your requirements you could look at upgrading to one of the newer editions.

• Kali
    edited March 2021

Ok - but we can continue to use EasyStart as is?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

it will become unusable, as PP it wont cost you anything to upgrade to one of the newer version.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Kali

Thanks Gerry - when is this taking place?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

You can upgrade now just ask for it from Reckon if it not on your members site now, just log in and look.

Call me if you need clarification.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Kali

Thanks Gerry; however, I actually meant when is EasyStart being decommissioned?

• GerryWinter

It have been discontinued already but you are still able to use it until you have to reinstall it again on any machine in the future or you come across any problems.

My thought is plan ahead while you can.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Kali

Ok - thanks will do.