CBA QIF file recieved via email - Conversion fail

Newbee
Newbee Member Posts: 29

I've tried to upload a bank statement in RAH 2021 R.2 through both banking and via utilities also and nothing so far works. I just saw another post enquiring about QIFs recieved via email, which is the case here too and if that could be a factor. The question wasn't directly answered other than to suggest uploading via the floating tool bar directly. I don't have direct access to the the account and relying on a forwarded QIF file and now wondering if this could the could be the problem.

Background. After uploading via floating toolbar, I can see the QBO file via utilities and through the banking tab, I can progress as far as the conversion error AND then weirdly, the 'Import transactions now' window appears appears after the conversion error notification. After clicking Import now nothing happens. I opened the file to identify any T- and spaces and deleted the null values at the end of file, and still nothing.

The fact that neither approach - banking, or utilities - is working could point to a corruption per error message, but what should I be looking for and how it would that present?

Comments

• Newbee

Thanks for this.

After downloading QBO file, what should happen?

• Newbee

Why is this so hard?

• Newbee

I've just figured this out from Legacy KB ID: 3995 and deleted first five lines of QIF file and it loaded and converted no problem. I've spent 2 days trying to figure this out and I'm a bit lost for words right now but should go for a walk to calm down.

• Newbee

How would work if its an invalid file format to begin with, which was the case here??

• Newbee

As I said above, I figured it out by deleting the first 5 lines of QIF file ergo the file was in an 'invalid' format and wouldn't load until amended.

• Newbee

Why bother clearly you haven't read the above

• Newbee

Bogus advice more like

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

You’re wrong Newbee, also not very nice