PLANNED MAINTENANCE UPDATE - 11th May 2019

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi everyone,

To ensure our systems are humming along at top capacity as we head into the busy period, our teams will perform maintenance in some areas of our systems this weekend, postponed from the previous week-end.

As a result there will be a short period where some services will be intermittently unavailable including;
  • The control panel in Reckon Accounts Hosted (file/folder sharing, logging off active sessions, managing users etc)
  • Online registration/activation of Reckon Accounts, Point of Sale, Payroll and Elite Desktop software
  • Reckon Docs orders
Our top priority is to ensure minimal disruption to your normal use of your Reckon software and as such there will be no impact to Reckon Accounts Hosted services other than the control panel during the maintenance period. We also expect the control panel to be available again within two hours of the maintenance period commencing.

The overall maintenance window will kick off at 8:00PM (AEST) on Saturday 11 May and conclude at 2:00AM (AEST) Sunday 12 May.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2019

• Melanie Putland
    Melanie Putland Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2019
    Hello - Reckon Accounts Hosted is currently not working? I thought this maintenance would not affect our use of hosted? Please help, I am desperatley trying to complete BAS work for my clients. I need access to Reckon now as well as tonight and it is important that Hosted remains accessible.

Kind Regards,
    Melanie - YASA
  • Neil_6428218
    Neil_6428218 Reckon Staff Posts: 88 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hi Melanie,

We didn't have any other reports of issues connecting to Hosted today and tonight's maintenance hasn't blocked access to Hosted (just to the Control Panel).

Are you still having issues connecting? If so, what error are you getting?

• Ed Blackman
    Ed Blackman Reckon Staff Posts: 6 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2019
    Hi everyone,

The maintenance has been completed, however there are ongoing problems with Online registration/activation of Reckon Accounts, Point of Sale and Payroll Premier.

We are working on resolving these issues as quickly as we can.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.
  • Sue Fisher_10035728
    Sue Fisher_10035728 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2019
    How do I get in to Reckon Hosted without access to the control panel?
    I tried to start early this morning and still can't access Reckon Hosted.
    I too need to do BAS and accounting work fot 15th May
  • Ed Blackman
    edited May 2019
    Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing Reckon Accounts Hosted.

We are not aware of any issue with Reckon Accounts Hosted today.  The control panel (which is accessed after you login) was unavailable for a few hours last night during the maintenance.  But has been fully functional all day today.

If possible could you post further information on what you are seeing.
  • Ed Blackman
    edited May 2019
    Hi Everyone,

Online registration/activation of Reckon Accounts Business is now operational.

We are continuing to work on Online Registration/Activation of Reckon Accounts Personal, Payroll Premier and POS.

Again, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.
  • Ed Blackman
    edited May 2019
    Online registration/activation of Reckon Accounts Personal is now operational as well.
  • Sue Fisher_10035728
    edited May 2019
    HTTP ERROR 503 This is the error message when I try to log in - it is the same all day!
    How can I use Reckons Accounts Hosted?
  • Sue Fisher_10035728
    edited May 2019
    This page isn’t working

hosted.reckon.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503

This is the full message - all my other internet connections work OK?
  • Ed Blackman
    edited May 2019
    Hi Sue, Thanks for providing the detailed error. This problem has not been reported by other users today and thousands of users are successfully using hosted. I believe this is a problem confined to your PC or your local router. What I think is happening is that your system has not been updated with the latest domain name information for hosted.reckon.com. If you haven't already. I would restart the computer to see if that fixes the issue. If that doesn't work and you are familiar with the command line , you could try running this command: ipconfig /flushdns If you still experience problems after this l, a restart of your intent router may help, or you may need to get some technical assistance. I hope one of these options works for you.
  • Sue Fisher_10035728
    edited May 2019
    I have tried a restart of both my computer and my router, and also tried a different means of logging in.
    Could you please give me more information about the command: ipconfig/flushdns
    Do I put this in my browser search box?
    Why did this change today?
  • Sue Fisher_10035728
    edited May 2019
    And also why do I get the login screens of every other login on offer on your website but Reckon Accounts Hosted.?
  • Sue Fisher
    Sue Fisher Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2019

I have used your "ipconfig". I had to get help to do it.
    And restarted my computer and router again!

And using google I get the same message.

And using internet explorer - it can't even find the error message - the screen stays blank.

This is NOT my computer problem - this is because you have changed servers or whatever in your maintenance.

I am really dissatisfied with the product "Reckon Accounts Hosted" and will NOT be recommending it to any of my clients.
  • Sue Fisher
    Sue Fisher Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2019
    I have no doubt that you are going to have this problem tomorrow or else it will have sorted it self out. 
    I did not have to wait 3 hours for a reply earlier, so why no reply?
    I would like someone to call me tomorrow about the possibility of changing back to desktop.
    This service is really unsatisfactory!
  • Ed Blackman
    edited May 2019
    Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear that none of my suggestions have made a difference and I apologise for the frustration this is causing you.  I have not been online this afternoon and that is why i have not responded until now.

I will arrange for customer service to call you in the morning.
  • Ange_6166092
    Ange_6166092 Reckon Staff Posts: 8 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2019
    Hi Everyone,
    The registration web pages are still down for Point of Sale and Payroll Premier.
    For Point of Sale, Please call our Call Centre on 1300 650 061 and our staff will be able to assist you. For Payroll Premier, we're still working on resolving the issue
    Thanks
    Ange
  • Scientronics
    Scientronics Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2019
    Hi,
     I have been trying to reach customer support for two days now. I have sat on the phone for  well over 2 hours ( currently waiting to be answered - 35 minutes on this call and this is the second number I've tried, gave up on the first after 30 minutes) I have emailed two different email addresses and have not had a reply.  
    How do i get help? 
  • Scientronics
    edited May 2019
    Hi,
     I have been trying to reach customer support for two days now. I have sat on the phone for  well over 2 hours ( currently waiting to be answered - 35 minutes on this call and this is the second number I've tried, gave up on the first after 30 minutes) I have emailed two different email addresses and have not had a reply.  This is for a problem with Reckon Hosted.
    How do i get help? 
  • Nichola Caddy
    Nichola Caddy Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    Hi, unable to access bankfeeds is anyone else having the same problem?? 
    Also been on hold to tech support for 30 mins!!!
  • Scientronics
    edited May 2019
    Keep on holding on. Took me 45 minutes the last time to get through and the other 5 times I called over the last couple of days I was on hold for at least 35 minutes before i had to hang up and never got answered. Super frustrating. My problem was not the same as yours though. They are clearly understaffed. 
  • Sue Jarrad
    Sue Jarrad Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Having the same problem it is very frustrating? We can't get an answer anywhere either how are we supposed to set up STP when we are stuck at failed to create subscription? 
  • Sam G
    Sam G Alumni Posts: 12
    edited May 2019
    Hi Everyone,

Online registration/activation of all Reckon Accounts products is now operational.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked through this.

This discussion has been closed.