GST shown in base price and total amount

Options
Lachlan Cox
Lachlan Cox Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Have a customised invoice where I have item, item price, GST, and total amount (Price + GST) columns.

Trying to figure out a way so that the Price and total amount do not both have the same amount listed, at the moment, this is what is happening;

Item                 Price              GST                 Total amount
Product                 110.00                 10.00                      110.00

What I want to happen is that the price does not include GST, like this;

Item                 Price              GST                 Total amount
Product                 100.00                 10.00                      110.00

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? I've tried making it so that the sales figures are set to net rather than gross as well as a few other things.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :)

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Lachlan,

When it comes to how figures are displayed there are only 2 options.  Either "Amounts include tax" is ticked, in which case everything shows in Gross amounts, or "Amounts include tax" is not ticked, in which case everything shows in Net amounts.

Here is how it looks with it ticked:

Here is how it looks with out it ticked:

To have the Amounts inclue tax box always ticked set your tax preferneces to Gross.  To have it always unticked have your tax preferences set to Net.

Select the option that best suites you and go with that.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Lachlan,

So the things I would look for would be in your tax preferences the sales figures being set to net, in the invoice screen checking whether the amounts include tax button is ticked at the bottom of the screen, then I would also try a different template to see if that template is corrupt and check the actual item setup to see if amounts include tax is ticked there.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to email me directly at sally@samsolutions.com.au.

Kind regards,

Sally

• benjaminhdudley
    benjaminhdudley Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi everyone. Is it correct to interpret from the replies that Lachlan's objective is not achievable?  That is what I would like to do also....
  • Shane_6461899
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Benjamin,

That is correct, it is not possible to have the columns show a mix of net and gross.  You can only show either net or gross.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • benjaminhdudley
    benjaminhdudley Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I guess it is a question of opinion: you describe the request as a mix of net and gross whereas I describe the request as clearly stating the net and gross amounts separately so as to avoid the confusion that my clients have been demonstrating for a couple of years.
    They read the "amount" column figure and then pay that.  Rather than reading the total amount below and pay that.
    Not having this functionality prevents making it clear and unambiguous.
    Can I therefore submit this as a feature request?
  • Shane_6461899
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Benjamin,

You can request new features by clicking on Help > Suggest New Features.  When submitted it will go through to the product development team.  I have put this feature request through on your behalf.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Janet Durrant
    Janet Durrant Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi Shane, Just wondering if you were able to advise if the above feature is now available in any of the Reckon products?
    Thank you,
    Janet