How do I remove the memo comments and Date due on statements for Hosted premium

Options
Robert_6962320
Robert_6962320 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in Accounts Hosted
the memo field located on our sales orders and the date due is on our statements . need to have them removed

Comments

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Go to Lists menu

Go to Templates

Edit the template you need to change

Click Additional Customisation button

Untick the fields you do not want to appear

-IM

• Dayle O'Callaghan - Accredited Consultant
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I have the same issue, above does not resolve as there is no field to untick for the memo field under the additional customisation feature? Did you find another way to resolve this?

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks for this Dayle. I'll raise it with our techs and get back to you with an answer.
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Mico,

Are you any further along with this yet?
  • Robert_6962320
    Robert_6962320 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    unfortunately no....very frustrating
  • Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    We use the memo field for our internal notations on our documents so I actually don't send some Statements because this information is not for our Customer's to see!  I'll be interested to see if there is a resolution to this...
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have contacted Reckon direct again today and hope to have a response shortly.
  • Suresh Rana
    Suresh Rana Alumni Posts: 7
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi Dayle

Welcome to Reckon Community.

Unfortunately it is by design in software memo information enter in invoices will appear in statement. There is no setting in Reckon Accounts Hosted Premium or desktop version to change it.

Our suggestion will be customising templates for invoices.

1. List > Templates > Double click on customise statement templates
    2. Additional Customisation > Columns
    3. In other 1 columns tick on Screen > type MEMO for Title > Click Ok to save setting
    4. Create invoices with memo information in memo column

This setting will show memo information while creating invoices on screen only and it will not print in invoices and customer statements.

Due date printing in statements can be changed within settings. Untick "Print due date on transactions" while generating statements.

Hope this will help you.

Regards
    Suresh

??image
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks for this Suresh, have tested and works fine. Just want to mention for other users;

Instruction 1 above last bit should read "Double click on invoice template to be customised"

Also that only 29 characters are available per memo line, so if you need a longer message you will need to click into line below to continue with message. 

• Robert Chadwick
    Robert Chadwick Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Suresh,
    We have the same issue with Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2014.
    Will the same work for that Software?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Should be the same Robert. Keen to hear how you go!
  • Robert Chadwick
    Robert Chadwick Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I Tried it in Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2014 but no joy. I was able to add the "Memo" column to the Invoice, but it still printed th contents of the memo on the Statement.
    Any other suggestions??
  • Petar Kust
    Petar Kust Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    Options

We have the same problem with Enterprise version. Could I make a suggestion to Reckon could they include a tick box for the "Memo" field  that we can uncheck in future versions of the product. I can't think for the life of me why anyone would want the memo field appearing in a statement. Your work around is just making life difficult for users.

• Margaret Carey
    Margaret Carey Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes please - option not to include Memo on statements. My client is integrating invoices from another software and this uses memo to record cross ref info to the other system - client does not need to see this, but no way to turn off
  • Sue Barton
    Sue Barton Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi
    Has anyone found another solution to this problem?  I have tried the steps above and its not working for me - the memo message is still appearing on my statements.
    I am currently using Reckon Account 2016.
    thanks in advance for help