Change invoice number

Options
Samantha Baker
Samantha Baker Member Posts: 2
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
Is it possible to change the invoice number in Reckon One?

I am currently trialling the program and so far so good except for this issue.  I want to enter some historical data but my invoices don't start from Inv0001. 

Comments

• Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Samantha,

Currently you cannot modify the invoice numbering in Reckon One. I have submitted your feedback onto the Reckon One development team to review & consider for a future update/release of the application.

Currently the only part of the invoice number that can be changed is the prefix text. So using the example of INV000001, the prefix text being 'INV'. To modify the prefix text, go to the 'Administration' menu, select 'Sales preferences'.

What I can suggest for your particular scenario, is to use the "Reference" field available in the invoice form to record the historical invoice number. Once your historical invoices have been entered into Reckon One & you later need to locate a particular historical invoice, you can use the search option available within the invoice listing to locate a particular invoice by the reference data (e.g. historical invoice number).

Regards,
    Scott.
  • Samantha Baker
    Samantha Baker Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply Scott.
  • davkell
    davkell Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Can I ask, if this is on the radar yet (the ability to manually enter an Invoice number)?
  • davkell
    davkell Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes, it seems that way. The higher paying Reckon books etc seem to get upgraded easier. Haha, though, I've just figured out and structured my Reckon One for my wife's business, not changing now, lol. Hopefully they can push it through soon, surely easy enough to program.
This discussion has been closed.