How to delete a Customer adjustment notice in reckon one

Courtney-Jane Wilson-Standage_7182467
edited February 2020 in Reckon One
How can I delete a customer adjustment notice from reckon one?
It is "closed" and I dont have the option to delete it.

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Hi Courtney, When a customer adjustment note is closed it's linked to either a payment or an invoice. You need to unlink the payment or the invoice from the customer adjustment note before you can remove the customer adjustment note. To unlink the transactions you can use the unlink option within the closed customer adjustment note otherwise you can unlink the customer adjustment note from the applicable invoice or payment transaction.
  • Courtney-Jane Wilson-Standage_7182467
    edited October 2014
    Thank you! But I'm still having problems! I hit confirm unlink and then I get an error message saying "please select a contact that is a supplier to process this payment transaction" Any ideas? I have myself in a spin!
  • Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Courtney,

There is a known issue when using the 'unlink' option within a customer adjustment note, where the linked transaction is a 'payment' transaction .

For now, to unlink the payment from the customer adjustment note, locate the applicable payment transaction & unlink the customer adjustment note from within that payment transaction.

So when you locate & view the applicable payment transaction, all or part of the payment will be allocated to the customer adjustment note. You need to modify the payment accordingly to your situation, whether that be to remove the payment altogether or change the payment allocation(s).

Note: The unlink issue in the customer adjustment note form only occurs when the linked transaction is a payment, if the linked transaction is an invoice, then unlink option will work as expected. This issue has been logged for the Reckon One development team to review.

Regards,
    Scott.
  • heather_7398663
    heather_7398663 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Hi, 
    I am having a similar problem to Courtney-Jane, attempting to delete a customer adjustment note, where I have added the incorrect data, and saved the adjustment note.

I keep getting the message "please select a contact that is a supplier to process this payment transaction" , when I attempting to unlink the adjustment note.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Regards

Heather
  • Courtney-Jane Wilson-Standage_7417314
    edited March 2015
    Hi heather, In the end it was because I had already applied the payment. I had to delete the payment. And then go back and delete the note. I actually ended up calling support and they talked me through it. I hope that helps. I know I was going crazy!! Courtney :)
  • heather_7398663
    heather_7398663 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your help - it was just what I needed, and I was able to correct the adjustment note.

Heather
  • Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Courtney & Heather, Just an update on the unlink issue mentioned in this thread, this issue is now fixed. Regards, Scott.
  • gr
    gr Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2020
    I have the same problem. The CAN is closed and the only Unlink I can find is at the bottom of the CAN it has "already paid" and the dollar amount. When I click on the dollar amount I get "Please select a contact that is a supplier to process this payment transaction". However there's no supplier attached to the CAN.
  • JKMC18
    JKMC18 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020

I'm having the same issue as above, but my CAN isn't saying "Closed" it's still giving me the option to close. I've added a screenshot of what I've done (read from bottom up). Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!