We have a supplier who does contract work for us and we must pay his superannuation. How do I set up

Jennifer_7198859
Jennifer_7198859 Member Posts: 18
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have a supplier who does contract work for us on a regular basis and thus we must pay him superannuation. How do I set up his super to take advantage of the Reckon 2014 Super update?

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    if you are obliged to pay super for him, as i guess you have been advised by your tax agent or ATO, then might as well pay wages in this case as an employee , and more than likely , you have to pay his workers comp too.  You must take proper advise from your Tax agent first, in all theses
    cases. If you have  still problems , please let us know. 

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Sorry, not very clear with John P, but what ever, please ensure take written advise , we have been caught with these kind of situation , with ATO, had to engage Tax LAWYERS, this forum is not the place to discuss on tax matters.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Jennifer_7198859
    Jennifer_7198859 Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2014
    Have not seen the reply from John P but thanks for your replies - have made it a lot clearer for me
  • cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Its not irrelevant, Kevin, in these matters the client first must take advise from their Tax Accountant/ Tax Agent. Cannot say any more on this, There are certain obligations between the appointed Tax Agent and the client.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Kevin , I will call you on this matter and explain , not the forum.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Andrew Hellier_6247585
    Andrew Hellier_6247585 Reckon Staff Posts: 169 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Happy Friday All.

There is obviously a difference in opinion here. Let’s just leave it to the OP to contact their accountant for direct advice.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers,
    Andrew