Do I need to manually close an estimate or should it close automatically after the invoice has been

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited April 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Should an estimate automatically close after I create the invoice from it? I use the create invoice button at the top of the estimate page but after creating the invoice, I go back to the estimate and it says it is still active and doesn't state that it has been invoiced in full or closed? 
Do I need to manually go back to each estimate and un-tick the estimate is active box at the top after creating the invoice from the estimate? 

I would assume not as this seems very time wasting, if anyone could please let me know if I am missing something?

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Steven,

Estimates are non-posting in Reckon Accounts which means that they do not affect your reports or account figures. They are typically left in the estimates module where they can be modified, turned into invoices or deleted - It is up to you.

Regards,
    -Alex
  • Deb_9768970
    Deb_9768970 Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I find this a bit frustrating.  I put a lot of effort into my quotes, and all of it is specific to that one person's job.  It is unlikely to be used on another person's job.  Therefore I would like to see this quote be kept under the client's name, sit there as an estimate - definitely not affecting reports or account figures yes agreed, it should not do that - but to be able to stay there as information on what was quoted, as part of the customer's history. But what it should do is automatically stamp itself with INVOICED once it has been invoiced.  And the status of INVOICED should then show in estimate reports as well, so that we don't have to click into each one to see if it's been invoiced.
  • Eliza
    Eliza Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Wow Deb thankyou so much for your clear response I will now stop looking for a function to say INVOICED or ESTIMATE COMPLETE this is def a downfall of this programme, if anyone knows a solution please post
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I think Estimate does close once the invoice is fully done , are you doing progress invoicing ?
    whats your nature of business?
    also we have  report tool that  may fix this issue , like PO estimates do  get marked closed, have not gone in this area for long time. some one will reconfirm soon , Ifti or Luke from RECKON.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009