scanner

Options
david mac
david mac Member Posts: 6
edited February 20 in Point of Sale
my brand new data logic touch 65 scanner cannot find the product number for our barcodes using retail pos.
the weird thing is the product number is always the same 126 how is this possible?

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi David

Go to notepad, scan the barcode, if the ~ is not showing up in front of the number you have not programed the scanner for pos.  There a different programming sequence for POS to Reckon Accounts.  See your Installation Guide, I think the Scanner programing codes are in there, or they should have come with the scanner.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Accredited Partner

• david mac
    edited April 2016
    Options
    hi, 
    thanks for that i have done as you suggested, however the barcodes on notepad look like this
    ~

i have programmed the scanner with the datalogic programming sheets, and it scans the barcode fine, but when i scan it in the retail pos system it says entered product number could be found in the product list.
    the strange thing is that the product number that comes up no matter what barcode you scan is 126. 
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi David

Can you check the language of the computer to make sure it is English/Australian?

Not sure if I understand correctly.  If the barcode scans like this:

~

You have not got the correct programming.

The only programing that is correct will be the one specifically for Reckon Retail Point of Sale.  The same Scanner has many different programming sequences depending on the program that it is used with.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Accredited Partner.

• david mac
    edited November 2015
    Options
    i have done that, and i have the programming matrix from the data logic website, and i seem to be confused because there is only one ~ character shown and so how do i change the position of the tilde?
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi David

Go to my website www.chapmanofficeservices.com and contact us. 

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

• david mac
    edited November 2015
    Options
    manual is not helping because now the scanner makes an angry buzzing soind when scanning a barcode.

• Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Alternatively you can always call the people who provided the scanner and they can usually help. Or speak to reckons support team as they used to supply that model as part of their kit. Regards, Chris
  • Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited October 2017
    Options
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Chris & Rav. I believe this issue has been solved. Kind Regards Kim Chapman Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hello Andrew

The original post was on a Saturday.  The community forum is not usually manned on a weekend.  And besides, if you have the likes of "Chris" responding with his knowledge of POS why would you need Reckons comments?

The Community is about People helping themselves.  By searching for an issue prior to posting, many issues could be solved just my reading past posts.  At the end of the day Technical Support is still available if required.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Accredited Partner

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Andrew,
    The purpose of the Community is to build a peer to peer support network where our members can assist each other and also interact with us.

It's about being a true community where we share and interact, not a 'us and them' environment.

As staff members we will definitely step in with assistance and in this particular instance there was an excellent level of knowledge and assistance shared from our users including yourself, and I thank everyone for that.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

This discussion has been closed.