Can't send invoices via Email: error "Printer not activated" ??

Options
Edward Schwarz
Edward Schwarz Member Posts: 1

I am trying to send out my invoices and when I click the email icon I am hit with 3 error windows;

1- printer not activated, error code -30

2- could not print to printer, check your printer selection, printing may have been cancelled from another program

3- MAPI error code 80004005 (16389) at line 1102 in sendemail.cpp

I am not trying to print at all!

I am using Reckon Accounts 2014, Outlook 2016 and Windows 7.

Speedy reply will be much appreciated as I need to send my invoices to get paid!!

Thanks, Ed

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,420 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Edward,
    Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Have you recently upgraded to Office 2016? If so, has this issue only started occurring since then?

From what I understand, there are compatibility issues with the new Office 2016 product suite and the current (and older versions) of Reckon software. This will be addressed in our upcoming 2016 release, and hopefully give us some insight into addressing the errors on older versions also.

In the meantime, try the following:

- Default Programs > Set your default programs > Click Outlook 2016 > set this program as default > OK

If the above is set, run both Reckon Accounts and Outlook as Admin and try emailing

Let me know how you get on,

Cheers

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cilla
    Cilla Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Options
    im having same issue.. i sent a invoice emails with the new 2016 last week but just tried then and i can't grrrr 
  • Amy Donnelly
    Amy Donnelly Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can't send emails since updating computer to windows 10.  Running outlook 2013.  Everything was working fine until update.  I think it is a compatibility issue with Reckon and windows 10.  It comes up with the print error too.
  • Stefan Pondeljak
    Stefan Pondeljak Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Having the same problem
    Updated from windows 7 was all working fine until installed windows 10
    Need help as I have many invoices & estimates to email
    Any help would be great