INSTALLING ON NEW PC

roy_8040678
roy_8040678 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi , if i replace my computer do i need to download another copy of Reckon or can i install onto my new computer using existing files on my old PC ? thanks in advance

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2017
    Hi Roy,

Welcome to the Community!

There are a few threads on the Community which outline the process of transferring to a new PC. Pop in a few keywords in our search bar above or take a look at the related conversations on the right of this page :)

What you'll need to do is
    • Create a backup of your company file on your current PC.
    • Uninstall Reckon Accounts
    • Install Reckon Accounts on your new PC
    • Activate - you can use the sample file
    • Restore your backup
    Let us know if you have any questions around this

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• alex_3162087
    alex_3162087 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2017
    I've had to do this before and it is quite simple. However this time I ran into some problems that the Support team can't help with. I'm still on Quicken Home & Business 2007 NZ Full Version. After providing the new Licence Key from Support and entering it on my new Computer, I was presented with a Registration screen which seemed to have an outdated URL. Without doing this registration, Quicken closes down automatically regardless of which button I click. Despite this I've received an email saying Thanks for registering my product (which I didn't do). Appreciate if anyone can help. imageimage
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Alex

The old version, I understand is linked to the database that used to be run by the former Intuit.   But if you attempt registration via the PHONE method, then you can run through the process of exchanging serial numbers for activation codes.  Re-registration does not incur a fee.  But you'll need to ring during business hours.

That's my general understanding of most pre 2013 products

Gary

• alex_3162087
    edited February 2016
    Yes, Gary. I've done that indeed. The last time I swapped computer, all worked well. Unfortunately I've run into a problem with the "Registration" window this time. Cheers.
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    But Alex,  does it present you with a 'phone'  option of registering?   Or can you skip registration, then start the program, and seek to register it via the FILE ---> ....   or  HELP--> ....  menus to locate the PHONE method to achieve activation?    

IN my previous post I didn't spell it all out to you.  The online method (prior to 2014) was linked to a database then.   Today, the Reckon Australia database is located in a different location, and those older programs can't find it anymore, because they are still coded to look in the 'old location' to perform the activation function.

Let's know whether/when you achieve a good outcome, on this,  or contact the Registration line to assist you.    Ph:  0800 933 606     (New Zealand)

Gary
  • alex_3162087
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Gary. I was going to say that I had already been in touched etc and it wasn't going to help. And besides I had received an email saying "Thanks for registering". But ... starting Quicken once again just to take a look, I was surprised the bad URL had been fixed. I managed to register. All is working well now. Thanks again.
  • alex_3162087
    edited February 2016
    All is OK now. The bad URL appears to have been fixed and I managed to register and can use the product now.
  • akam healthcare
    akam healthcare Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    how can i bakup a reckon software data ,
     like ur tagline 1st