Error 1723 DLL Missing

Peter Wood
Peter Wood Member Posts: 3
trying to install /uninstall 2016 & 2015 but get error 1723 DLL missing?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Leif,
    Excuse the bluntness, but quite frankly that is a ridiculous statement and I strongly refute that accusation.

The Reckon Community is full of knowledgeable members (including yourself) and Reckon staff who voluntarily assist and share their expertise to help others. From a Reckon perspective, in no way, shape or form is it in our interests to create a negative experience for our users which you've stated.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Peter,
    I've found a thread here which may provide some insight into that particular error code -
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how_to_fix_error_1723_w_reckon_accounts_2014

It's a bit of an older thread but may still help.

Try out the steps listed there and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Peter Wood
    Peter Wood Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2017
    I've already uninstalled 2015 and reinstalled 2016 so all I have to do is try and save the data from 15 as I lost the up to date stuff as it won't take it off the flash drive... if it won't take it I'll have to do 2yrs manually...Thanks Peter
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Peter,

To clarify:  the problem you are experiencing is most likely a conflict with some other programme you have installed on your PC.You should install with the conflicting programme (or process) turned off.  

Its best to install in Safe Mode, and you'll find a guide for it here.

Before starting you should uninstall the existing Reckon Accounts Personal installation.  Its best to use a 3rd party uninstaller as this will do a better job at finding and uninstalling all associated files and registry entries than the Windows Control Panel uninstall process.  A popular free uninstaller is Revo Uninstaller.

(If your PC is running Windows 10, then when installing RAP, use the install file ISsetup.exe rather than setup.exe at DVD\HAB\Disk1.)

With your datafile on your flash drive, copy it to your Desktop or C-drive first and restore from there.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John