Manual upload using Excel

Options
Inthi
Inthi Member Posts: 4
edited June 2018 in Reckon One
Could a hard copy credit card statement be keyed into an Excel file and be uploaded into Reckon One?What type of file should it be saved as in Excel? It seems faster keying into Excel than inputting each transaction separately into Reckon One

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Inthi,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

You can export your credit card transactions off your card's website into a CSV or QIF formatted file and then import it through the Manual Import button on the Banking > Bank Accounts > your Credit Card Account's New Transaction button.  

To make it even easier, consider adding the BankData module.  See the factsheet.

regards,
    John

• Daniel Dyboski-Bryant
    Daniel Dyboski-Bryant Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hello,
    I am in a situation where I do not have access to .csv statements farther back than 6 months ago, but need to input 12 months of transactions> so, the original question interests me.
    "Could a hard copy credit card statement be keyed into an Excel file and be uploaded into Reckon One?"
    It would help me considerably.
    Kind regards
    Daniel
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Yes you could, but you'll have to save the final version of the file as a CSV file.

Why key into an Excel file first?  Why not key directly into Reckon One?

Or try out something like AutoEntry, a 3rd party add-on to Reckon One:
    https://autoentry.com/integration/reckon/

regards,
    John
  • Daniel Dyboski-Bryant
    Daniel Dyboski-Bryant Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi John,
    Thank you for your reply. I will key directly into Reckon one. I was just wondering if there was a quicker way. I guess not. It only concerns maybe 30 transactions and after that it can all be manual uploads anyway.
    Daniel