App-V Issues

Ben Mackay
Ben Mackay Member Posts: 11
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hey,

So im trying to load Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2015 in an App-V package. i have successfully Packaged the install but having some issues when the Application is streamed.

We are using App-V 5.1 on Windows Server 2016 TP4 as a test for the RTM version. Also using a Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop as the test server.

1. When opening the program we have to register the product for ever user is this correct?
2. When Opening Reckon im getting a unrecoverable error with code 00000 00000
3. After Activating im getting There Appears to be a problem with your Tax Table Payroll Will now be Disabled Error Code TTF and then Application Closes.

Any help on this matter would be great.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Ben,

Thanks for asking.

Unfortunately Reckon Accounts was not designed to run in the environment you describe.  That is not to say that it won't function, but you will probably need to make a number of adjustments to make it work.

Reckon Accounts 2015 has not been tested on a Windows Server 2016 - there may be aspects with this version that may be relevant to normal Reckon Accounts functioning.  Please look at our article on Reckon Accounts 2015 on Windows 10 as some of these pointers may be relevant here.

Some other pointers that you can try are:
    • Turn off IE ESC from Server Manager.
    • Administrator to install and activate Reckon Accounts in each Session Host.
    In regard to the Tax Table Payroll error, users on Windows 10 who experienced this problem resolved it by rolling back to Windows 8.

I hope these pointers are of some help.

regards,
    John.

• Ben Mackay
    Ben Mackay Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the Reply John. i will look into the suggestions.
  • Kevin_9353032
    Kevin_9353032 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    Hi Ben, did you manage to get the Activation working with App-V?