Transfer Personal Plus 2016 Share Portfolio to Laptop

Options
Lionel goldberg
Lionel goldberg Member Posts: 5
Going away for 3 months and want to transfer Share Portfolio from desktop to laptop. Using Personal Plus 2016 Windows 10. Help would be appreciated

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Lionel
    Firstly, backup your file then copy the backup file from your desktop to a USB memory stick, hard drive etc (it's probably a good idea to have multiple copies of your backup file in different locations)

Uninstall Reckon Personal Plus from your Desktop PC.
    Install and activate Personal Plus on your laptop.

Copy the backup file from your USB memory stick a local destination on your laptop ie. Desktop, Documents, etc.
    Then restore the backup file from your laptop.

Let me know if that helps

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lionel goldberg
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks Rav,

OK, I have backup on a stick. ? I can put it into downloads on my laptop, no problem..

But what next---there is no program on my laptop so please can you give me step by step as to what I do next.

I am scared to Uninstall Reckon program from my Desktop. Or are you saying to uninstall it onto my stick.

A little confused.

Step by step would be great if u have time.

And then on my return I do the reverse onto my desktop----Yes.

Cheers
    Lionel
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No problem Lionel, let's clear things up.

Now that you've made your backup and moved it to your USB stick, you'll need to uninstall (remove) the Reckon Personal Plus program on your desktop PC first.
    There's a guide on how to remove programs in Windows 10 here.

The second step is to install and activate Personal Plus on your laptop. If you've got the program CD, insert it into your laptop and follow the installation prompts. Alternatively, you can log into the Members area reckon.com here to download a copy of the program

The same process applies in reverse when applying to your desktop.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lionel goldberg
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Rav,

Many thanks. I realize now why I must uninstall Reckon, to free it up to go onto laptop
    Your effort appreciated
    Cheers
    Lionel