Invoice numbers missing

Options
Lucas Woodward
Lucas Woodward Member Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
I am creating a new invoice and the invoice numbers will no generate, I have created invoices recently and they have generated the invoice numbers with no problem... it seems to just happened. 

I have managed template and the invoice number is active 

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Lucas,

The current/expected behaviour in Reckon One is as follows:
    1. When creating a new invoice the invoice number is blank
    2. Upon saving a new invoice, at this point, an invoice number is assigned to the invoice

By default the invoice number prefix is "INV". Invoice numbers increment sequentially... INV0001, INV0002, INV0003 etc

In the scenario where you delete an existing saved invoice, the invoice number associated to the deleted invoice isn't free'd up for reuse on the next new invoice.

Example: You create 3 invoices INV0004, INV0005 & INV0006. You then delete invoices INV0005 & INV0006. You then create & save another invoice. This new invoice number will be INV0007 as Reckon One doesn't reuse the invoice numbers of deleted invoices.

Back to your question, you mentioned 2 things that I would like to clarify.
    A) in the post title you said "invoice numbers are missing"
    B) in the post content you said "invoice numbers will not generate"

Q1 - When you experience the issue are you referring to saved invoices or new invoices that are yet to be saved? If it relates to new invoices that are yet to be saved then this is the expected behaviour.

Q2 - If you are referring to saved invoices, are you referring to the on screen invoice, the generated invoice PDF (via print or email actions) or both the onscreen & PDF?

Q3 - Have you changed/customised the default invoice prefix of "INV"? This can be checked by going to.... Administration (menu) > General settings > Day to day > Selling > Invoices > Invoice prefix

Q4 - I've previously seen other forum posts regarding some Reckon One users who experience gaps in their invoice numbering (i.e. save an invoice INV0008 then the following invoice saved doesn't use the expected next sequential invoice number of INV0009 but instead uses INV0010 or INV0011 resulting in a gap within their invoice numbering. Just wanting to clarify if this is/isn't the issue you are experiencing? As that was my first thought/assumption based on the title of this post however the post content seems to imply otherwise.

Q5 - If you are referring to saved invoices, when viewing the invoice list screen in Reckon One, what shows in the "Invoice no" column for these invoices where you are experiencing the issue?