2016 upgrade - Rate adding GST even when Amts inc Tax is ticked

Mike_7205602
Mike_7205602 Member Posts: 7
edited June 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've just upgraded to Win 10 and my Reckon to 2016 (I have small business edition).  I have just created my 1st invoice since the upgrade and noticed the rate for an item (Labour) is $44 instead of $40.  i've checked the item set up and nothing has changed - it says includes tax.  The invoice has Amounts Include Tax box ticked.  I have to untick this to get it to go back the the $40 or type over the rate... When I look at an old invoice it has the correct rate with the Amts incl tax box ticked...  Is this something weird or an upgrade bug or is it because I haven't created an Inv since 2.5 and have forgotten how!! :)  Thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Mike,

Sounds quite strange, does this happen on only the Labour item or all others as well?

If it's just affecting the Labour item, try going into the Item setup and changing the rate, saving then changing back.

If the problem persists, try resorting your lists.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mike_7205602
    Mike_7205602 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2016
    So if I change the Item (Service item) to GST not NGC - the item will show in the Item List as Price 22.72.... and Gross Price as $25.00  Which is correct for that item. The items I have left as NGC all show as price and Gross price the same (but wrong on the invoice) Should I change all of my service items to GST? 
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Mike

Just reading your problem.

The tax code for Income is GST not NCG. Labour should be type Income in the Chart of Accounts if you are invoicing a Customer. This then shows on your P&L as Income not a minus if you have set Income as an Expense.

Shirley Basic Accounting Services