Personal Plus 2016 share price downloads

Options
David Clayton
David Clayton Member Posts: 9
Share prices have not downloaded since late May.  I thought this problem had been solved.  Anyone else having the same problem?  Currency exchange rates seem to be downloading OK

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi David,

Can I please ask that you follow the steps outlined below -

1) Close Reckon Accounts Personal

2) Download http://downloads.reckon.com.au/qwutil.dll

3) Copy the above file into your Reckon Personal 2015 or 2016 installation folder (by default this would be C:\Program Files\Reckon Accounts Personal)

4) When you get the message saying qwutil.dll already exists. Do you want to replace it?' select 'Yes'

5) Once the file has been saved, open Reckon Accounts Personal and you will be able to download shares.

Let me know how you get on

Thanks,

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Gary Corcoran_8302168
    Gary Corcoran_8302168 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi David , I loaded the update as per Rav comments and it solved the problem you have been experiencing
  • Gary Corcoran_8302168
    Gary Corcoran_8302168 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Rav, why does the software not support down loading of Australian indices , only US
  • Hubrecht van Dalsen
    Hubrecht van Dalsen Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2016
    Options

I had the same problem (again, last time it was currencies) and fortunately found this thread. It solved my most recent share price download problem.

So thanks for the solution Rav.

It would be great if Reckon could communicate these problems proactively...Reckon always seem to have my email address handy when it is time to sell me a new (but virtually the same) version of the software.

• Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Rav

I have Accounts Home & Business 2015.  I am having the same problem with downloaded share prices not showing unless I go to another date and then back to today's date.  I have read elsewhere that the new qwutil.dll file solves this problem for Personal Plus 2015.

My question is will the new qwutil.dll file solve the problem in HAB 2015?  I have looked in the Program Files folder and there is a file by the same name there.  Should I follow your previous instructions and replace it with the new one?

Many thanks
    Terry

• Stephen Anstice
    Stephen Anstice Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Raf, I did this but I did not get a prompt to replace the existing qwutil.dll file and now I have the original and the new one with a (1) suffix. Share prices are still not updating.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Stephen,

Rename the original DLL file for example add 'OLD' in the file name to differentiate it from the newer DLL.

Then remove the (1) from the file name of the new DLL you have just downloaded and try again.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Stephen Anstice
    Stephen Anstice Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2016
    Options
    BINGO? Well done, thanks.