How do I allocate a batch bank deposit for cash payments for multiple invoices and customers in Reck

Nicky Shore
Nicky Shore Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
At our Community House, we receive payments for class invoices via EFT and cash.  With our cash payments, we make a weekly deposit into the bank.  When I pull in the bank feed for our accounts, I can see the lump sum deposit there.  I then want to allocate the payments made by each customer in that lump sum to their invoice.  However, when I try to do this, I can allocate to the first customer, but then Reckon One wants to issue a credit for the remaining deposit to that customer.  I have been told that Reckon One does not do bulk bank payments at the moment, and that I should journal the credit and disperse the credit to the other invoices relating to that deposit.  My question - how do I do that?  How do I pull up the credit in the journal?  Which account is the credit posted to?  I assume I would use Accounts Receivable for all other invoices as the account and select each contact for each new row?  Please help!!!

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Nicky

short version - you can't - Reckon one will only allow you to apply one payment to one invoice or enter monies received direct into an income account.

see link:

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how-to-allocate-payment-into-two-seperate-client-invoices... 
  • Debbie Dunasemant
    Debbie Dunasemant Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    Hello, just wondering if this has changed by any chance, being that it's now 3 years since this post? Has Reckon One updated this?
  • sconski
    sconski Member Posts: 5

I have this same question!

What is the work around?

Hi

You still can't, you can apply a payment to multiple invoices if all under the same customer name only, this is the same with a lot of accounting systems including MYOB, Reckon hosted you can only do this if they are a customer or job of that customer (sub-customer).

You need to set up a bank account called "undeposited funds", when receipting the individual payments from different customers (class members) receipt it to undeposited funds, then do a transfer from undeposited funds to the main bank account that equals the full amount of the banked deposit.

This account should always be reconciled back to nil.

• Peter_9962328
    Peter_9962328 Member Posts: 37

Still no solution to this problem?

Surely a batch deposit should be able to be recorded correctly and easily?

Hi Peter

Still the same, need to use undeposited funds bank acct. and when the bulk deposit comes through the bank feed, set up a rule to transfer it to undeposited funds, then reconcile back to nil.