Accrual accounts and reporting GST on a cash basis. Tax detail report(cash tax) only shows GST amoun

Carmelo
Carmelo Member Posts: 12
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Using Reckon Accounts 2016.
In the tax detail report(cash tax) it only shows the GST amount in the 2 columns(original amount and paid amount). Is there any way to also show the gross or net amount paid in this report?

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Carmelo

There are many reports, I need a little more info, what is it you are actually trying to achieve or do with this report. i.e show all purchases & tax for a period & for what purpose.

Are you trying to reconcile a suppler account etc.
  • Carmelo
    edited August 2016
    If the tax detail report(accruals) shows GST and amounts paid columns, why can't the cash tax report show the same columns.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    No, not on these reports. However, if you create a P&L detail report, you can add in the Tax Code and the Tax Amount on the report and then save this in memorised reports for use when needed.
    If you want to show totals for Income and Expenses separately with totals for each, then you would create 2 reports, one for sales only, and then another for expenses only.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Like I said Carmelo, there are lots of reports, some you can add tax to some you can't what is the outcome  you hope to achieve by the report.  What is it you want to be able to look at & why.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited December 2016
    The standard reports are created for certain purposes and may be modified to some degree by adding or removing columns. But some of them are locked to a certain degree because of the information they are feeding from, which is not always accessible with other data.
    Some people use them as they are and others find them not suitable for their needs; which is why you can always create your own reports and save them in memorised reports as I have mentioned below.

• Carmelo
    edited August 2016
    Thankyou for your comments.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Carmelo,

Just to add to the helpful posts already on this thread,

The tax detail reports on a cash basis produces two reports Cash Detail Report (Cash Tax) and Cash Detail Report (Cash Net).

Only on a accrual basis can you get a tax AND net on the same report. 

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.