reckon accounts Purchase Order template

Options
Kevin Whiting_8640861
Kevin Whiting_8640861 Member Posts: 5
I have customised the Purchase Order (PO) template to
include the "Other 1" column and added text in this column in certain POs.

How can I get this column (text) to print out in the Open PO report?

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I use this field on PO's. Go into Modify on the report and select PO#.
    For some reason it is on the list as PO# not Other 1 or the name you give it.

Whenever you cant find anything you add into fields, I find it easier to simply tick all fields and then remove them from the report if not needed by clicking and holding the mouse on the diamond to the right of the column, then hold and slide to the left, this will remove the column from the report.
  • Kevin Whiting_8640861
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the reply DebonAir.  Unfortunately, the solution you propose works for the Header field "Other 1", but not for the Column fields "Other 1" or "Other 2".  I have activated both columns in the template and added sample text, but I cannot find my text in the report display (with all columns ticked).  I am using Open Purchase Orders by Job report as it displays the Line detail from the PO.

Do you have any further suggestions?
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mmmm, I have found in the past that some additions to columns etc cannot be located to add into reports.  You might have to do some more manipulations, like using a standard column that you are not using and rename it for the PO. When searching for it on reports it will have the original name. Sometimes this works, sometimes not. Best to check the outcome when doing this before you use it for your work. Such a pity though if we cant find things for reports that we can add in. In this tiny aspect of the program it tends to function like MYOB, stuff in but not out!
    Good luck with it.
  • Kevin Whiting_8640861
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I can find the field in the schema for the USA version (Quickbooks) at http://doc.qodbc.com/qodbc/usa/TableDetails.php?tableName=PurchaseOrderLine as CustomFieldPurchaseOrderLineOther1, Don't know if the field exists in the Aus version.  If it does, I'm sure if I bought the software (QODBC) I would be able to create a suitable report, but I don't want to go down this path if I can avoid it.

If there are Community members out there who can help, I would appreciate hearing from you.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,415 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

From what I understand, information for reports cannot be extracted by singular columns from the database but only by the whole section that column is in. Then to display its contents, each column has to be activated for use in that report.

Therefore, when you modify a report you may see a column, but when selected it may not show any information as that column is not activated for this report.  It may be activated to show that information in another report.  

So you will need to find a report where that column is activated to show its contents, and then modify it to build the report you want. You can then memorise it for easy future use.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kevin Whiting_8640861
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi Rav,

Thanks for your comments.

I'm not sure how to find a suitable report where the "Other 1" Line field has been activated.  Are you able to help me with that?