Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017 stopped updating the currency list after update of software from

Kelly_8783193
Kelly_8783193 Member Posts: 1
Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017 stopped updating the currency list after update of software from previous version on one of my accounts. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Kelly,

Was there any success with this while using 2017 or did it immediately cease after the upgrade?

Are you able to try select one component of the One Step Update at a time ie. select share prices only then update, and then do the same for currency downloads.
    Once completed singularly each, please try downloading both together and let me know if there is any change at all

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Marcus Ryan
    Marcus Ryan Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2016
    Rav

I am having the same problem with downloading stock prices since I upgraded to Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017.  If all stocks are selected they won't update, but if I select them individually they will.  I downloaded all but one quote separately and when I tried to download them all together it wouldn't work.

Let me know if there is any fix to this.  It is obviously not very convenient downloading each quote individually.

Kind regards

Marcus
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Marcus,

Welcome to the Reckon community.

Please check the setup of your shares.
    Firstly, right click the share and select Edit > Secuirty:

Next, check that it is ticked in the downloads list.
    One Step Update > Settings > Select quote:

regards,

John

• John G
    edited February 2017
    Hi Kelly,  

How does the latest attempt to update the currency list compare to mine:

(these rates update at 9pm daily)

regards,
    John
  • Marcus Ryan
    edited December 2016
    Hi John

Thanking for the message.  I have checked all those things and I am still having the same problem with prices not updating when all stocks are ticked.  However, the prices will update when some (but not all stocks) are ticked.

Kind regards

Marcus
  • John G
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Ryan,

If you untick the couple of security in the Select quotes list, do the rest update?

regards,
    John.

• Marcus Ryan
    edited December 2016
    Yes, it only seems to be an issue where all of the securities in the Select quotes list are ticked.
  • John G
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Ryan,

Its possible that something is not quite right with a security early in the list and it is stopping the update of the rest of the list.  

Narrow down your list and in the next update, tick only the Shares - exclude any Market Indices, bonds etc. and any shares that are no longer traded.

Do they all come through OK?

regards,
    John.
  • Marcus Ryan
    edited December 2016
    Yes, excluding the securities that are not traded seems to have done the trick.  Thank you for your assistance John.
  • John G
    edited December 2016
    Good to hear Marcus,

Probably one of those non-traded securities is not properly setup and forcing the whole update to stop.

regards,
    John. 
This discussion has been closed.