CSV file upload issues

Options
Tanya Le Fleming Burrow
Tanya Le Fleming Burrow Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon One
I've been having issues for over a week now with uploading csv files. Shows transactions but when you import nothing happens. It simply wont upload csv file??  I've uploaded csv files before into Reckon One so no sure why it keeps glitching out. Also the only reason I'm having to upload a csv file is because it seems to randomly miss uploading transactions on bank feeds. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi Tanya Have you completed the mapping correctly? Ie. Date, Description etc. Also look at your csv file, is it tab or comma separated, then adjust accordingly? If these are correct then it should import successfully, if not then it looks like it is working, but nothing comes through. Perhaps if your bank offers QIF export, these don't even require mapping. With regard tot he missed transactions, is your transaction plan enough to cover the amount of transactions, please note, that this is calculated at number of transaction by cycle month, ie. if you import 2 months transactions in one go, then you still only get the number of transactions as per your plan. If you think this is not correct then maybe a call to Reckon, as something might be a miss with the feeds. Kind Regards Kim Chapman www.chapmanofficeservices.com
  • Tanya Le Fleming Burrow
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks Kim. I have imported as QIF file successfully and gone back and deleted those transactions already uploaded. There is definitely an issue with bank feeds as on 17th I had 6 bank transactions but only 4 were feed into Reckon??

Another quick questions as I'm new to Reckon One - would you know how Reckon One keeps track of GST as some of the missed transactions should have been in my last return, so will they pull through on my next GST return as late filed items? Thanks for your help.
  • Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Tanya No they will be included as per period (date) entered, you will need to do a manual adjustment to include these missed transactions. It really sounds like you may have "ran out" of transactions as per your plan. Tip: Top right hand side of the bank transactions window. enter the closing balance of your bank statement for the month. If there is a difference, your Account is not reconciled and maybe missing transactions (or have extra ones that shouldn't be there). Regards Kim Chapman
  • Tanya Le Fleming Burrow
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks Kim will adjust GST manually. I have not run out of transactions as have checked and have more than I need so not sure what is really happening as over 35 transactions in October alone weren't feed through. I could understand if it was whole dates missing but it seems to upload 1 or 2 and not the rest on the same date? Never mind I have gone back and reconciled and its all correct now and I will keep an eye on it moving forward. Thanks for you help. 

Tanya