Error Code 7084

J Lobb
J Lobb Member Posts: 11
I recently upgraded to Personal Plus 2017. When I do "Update" it downloads the latest exchange rates and share prices but gives error message 7084 and that it needs to close and sends report. I have to close programme and re-open it to use.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi J,

In the first instance, can you please try validating and then super validating your file,

Validate and then SuperValidate your datafile.

1.    File > File Operations > Validate

2.    To super Validate, same steps but hold down Ctrl key with Validate.

Once complete, please open Personal Plus and try again. 

Let me know how you get on

Cheers

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• J Lobb
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav, Thanks, I just found your reply and tried this, but it still crashed when I updated share prices and exchange rates. Also some times it does not update NZ Share prices, but updates Australian and USA prices. It produced Error Report 205902067 when it crashed, programme closes and I need to open again!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2017
    Hi J

Sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you

What I'd suggest next is to create a new file and perform some dummy trades and update your share prices within this file. Is the same issue present within this new file as your existing?

If the problem is consistent within the new file, then it's more than likely the issue is not present within the file and more the environment or the product.
    Did you upgrade recently to Windows 10 from a lower version Windows OS?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• J Lobb
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav, Many thanks for response. I have been using Windows 10 for a long time, so nothing has changed there. I have done as you suggested. Set up a new file, set up dummy accounts, did some dummy trades with my existing shares etc. and then did the “Update”, and it worked perfectly on the new dummy file. So, problem must be with the upgrade taking on the existing data. Let me restate the issue with the historical file to ensure you have all the info possible. When I click on the “Update” Icon • I get message – “Unexpected Error” Message and system needs to close, sends report. • Reckon Accounts Launcher appears and programme is closed I then reopen the programme, I find the exchange rates and share prices (usually) updated. Share update seem to depend on time of day. If I look at the “One Step Update Summary” it shows: - • “Currency Exchange” - was last updated a few minutes’ prior • “Historical Prices” – Status = last update 22 Nov 16 @ 9:01 am – which is when I believe I loaded the software upgrade. If I update only the currency only it works OK If I update Stock Prices and Managed funds at same time it crashes as above, so problem must be with share price update. I need all my historical data, so how do I create a new file and get the current data across so it does not corrupt the process? Cheers
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for getting back to J,

I know this may sounds a little rudimentary but can you follow this process and let me know the outcome

Within your current file can you please update the currency list ONLY first ie. untick the share download option in the dialog box.

Once that is complete, do the reverse update the share prices ONLY

Once they are both complete, can you please attempt to update both the following day.

Let me know if there's any change at all or not from here

Cheers
    Rav

• J Lobb
    edited February 2017
    Will try this tomorrow and report back. As I said in my note, I have done this before but not in this order. Jim
  • J Lobb
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav, Have updated currencies only and that worked OK. Updated share prices only and it crashed and sent report. Will try both at once tomorrow and see what happens, but expect same result. Cheers Jim
  • J Lobb
    edited February 2017
    Good Morning Rav, I have updated both currency and share prices this morning and it crashed again requiring me to close and reopen. Does the error report that is automatically sent help identify the problem? Reports looks very complicated to me. Regards Jim
  • J Lobb
    edited February 2017
    Rav, Any further thoughts on this please?
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    Hi J,

The test file that I asked you to create earlier, is that still working ok after performing the above?

If it is, it most likely points to a corruption issue with your regular data file. You could possible create a new file with your data which should alleviate the problem.

To do this, it's best to do a year end copy and select the start date as the original start date of your file.

• Rav
    edited February 2017
    Hi J,

The test file that I asked you to create earlier, is that still working ok after performing the above?

If it is, it most likely points to a corruption issue with your regular data file. You could possible create a new file with your data which should alleviate the problem.

To do this, it's best to do a year end copy and select the start date as the original start date of your file.

• J Lobb
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav, As previously advised I can confirm the dummy test file works and updates as it should. I have tried a year end copy and that also crashed when doing "Update". I have tried a new file for current year and copied data across and that also crashed on "Update" It looks like the problem is with my data file which got corrupted when I did your software update last November. If all else fails I will need to start a new file for the new financial year 1/4/17, but that is one hell of a job as there is so many accounts to manually set-up and transfer plus I will loose the financial performance data unless I load huge amounts of historical data. Any further suggestions please? Jim
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    To be honest, it's not sounding too good J,

By any chance do you have a pre-upgrade backup file?

If you do, can you upgrade that file to a different name (and preferably to its own folder) and check if the issue occurs recurs?

• J Lobb
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Rav,  No I do not have a pre-upgrade copy. It looks like I will have to live with this problem until 31/3/17 and create a new file with effect 1/4/17. It will be a lot of work!!!! It is a case of spending money on an upgrade to make things better but making everything much worse. I have been using Quicken for over 20 years and this is a big disappointment. 
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    Fully understand where you're coming from J and I'm really sorry things aren't working out too well right now.

There's one other KB article I can recommend which hopefully proves a little more successful than what we've already tried.

Check it out here -
    Reckon Accounts Personal Range crashes unexpectedly

• J Lobb
    edited March 2017
    Have solved problem by creating new file for the new financial year. It was a good opportunity to review all my data Account Structures etc. All I need to do now is transfer the balances over on 1st April. Thanks for you help.