staff benefits payable and super are no longer visible in transactions despite being on the paychequ

Janneia Searle
Janneia Searle Member Posts: 43
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
After making some minor changes to payroll, staff benefits payable and super are no longer visible in transactions and the cheque account, despite being on the pay cheques. I can't find the problem. I'm new to Reckon and this job. Please help!

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Janella.  Not really sure what you mean by "...are no longer visible in transactions and the cheque account..."  When you run payroll, all transactions within Reckon end up in general ledger accounts that are specified by the individual payroll items.  Some will show up in the profit and loss, whilst others will end up as a balance sheet item e.g. group tax and superannuation payments.  The value to your cheque account only reflects the net value of payments to your staff.  The other payments such as SGC, super salary sacrifice, super deductions etc,. will only show up in your cheque account when you actually make those payments.  Hope this helps you.
    John L G
  • Janneia Searle
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for your response, John. What I meant was that the actual payments to staff are recorded on the bank statement but not in the Reckon account for that bank account when I go to reconcile it. I feel that there's an account link missing but can't seem to find it.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Jannela.  This has now got to the easy stage as a result of your explanation.  If you go to the employee record Employees> Employee Centre> Employees (tab) then select one of the employees.  In the screen to the right, you should be able to see the detail for the bank account that was used.  If not, open up the last pay cheque by double clicking on it, and you will be able to see which bank account it was recorded to.  You should then be able to change the bank account to the correct one for all employees.  I would also mention that the bank account to be used, is part of the set-up for the running of each pay and selecting the proper bank account can be easily overlooked if trying to do things quickly.  I have done that on more than one occasion unfortunately.
    John L G
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi Janneia
    If you always pay wages from the same bank account you can set up preferences, banking, company preferences - select default accounts
    Glenda
  • Janneia Searle
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for your responses. As far as I can see, everything is correctly set up in preferences. The hourly wage part of the payroll has processed correctly and cheques written for that amount. However, the payroll deductions, although they appear on the same pay cheques, have not had cheques written. I'm completely confused!
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Jannela.  The deductions are not paid automatically.  You have to use the module Employees> Payroll Taxes and Liabilities> Create Custom Liability Payments and then select what payments you want to make, the date to be processed and the bank account/s to be used.
    John L G
  • Janneia Searle
    edited April 2017
    Aahhh! I forgot a step! Thank you so much!
  • Janneia Searle
    edited April 2017
    So, going through and making these payments each pay period at a time, I've come to one where the liability balances show zeros, as if they've been paid, but they haven't, so I can't create the customised payment for them. How do I work this  one out?