Reckon Please fix : When a Hosted session is logged out/closed by Reckon but we can't log back in..

Viv A
Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Logging back in to Reckon Hosted after a session has been ended by Hosted is very hit and miss - am constantly having to take orders manually instead of keeping customers on hold while I Log off Remote Sessions via the Control Panel.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Vivien,

Apologies for asking the basic but can you run me through how exactly you are logging out when you're finished using your file?
    The team recommends that everyone use File > Exit rather than just closing the browser tab or window.

Or are you receiving errors etc during this process? Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Viv A
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

This happens after Reckon has booted me out. Sometimes after a long time of inactivity. Sometimes while I'm in the middle of a transaction entry. It does the "Sorry we had to log you out due to inactivity" or something like that. Then when I try to log back in, it says that someone is already logged in with that username. I then have to go through the control panel to log out remote sessions.

I know you recommend to log out when you're not using Hosted, however, I am using it off and on all day long.

Thanks.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Vivien.  I suspect that your original question was misunderstood.  Mine stays open throughout the whole day, even though I might have long periods of non active use, for similar reasons to you.  I guess that I am fortunate in that I do not have many sessions ended by being booted off by Reckon.  Unfortunately this does not solve your problem, so the point that you have made is still to be replied to by Reckon - why do you have so many problems logging back in, after Reckon has booted you off?
    John L G
  • Viv A
    edited May 2017
    Thanks John,

You're correct. I am regularly booted out every day - so it's interesting to hear that this is unusual for you. I had previously been told that this was "normal". I have to say that it's extremely inconvenient and extremely frustrating.  I have even been considering going back to a desktop version.

I was previously advised to log out correctly each time - which I do if given the opportunity. However, it seems that if I am booted out by Reckon, it doesn't always disconnect my session.

Viv
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Vivien,

I think it might be best we get our support team on this so we can take a look at your individual case but before that, can we check off a couple of related KB's as they may assist in addressing connection issues if they're contributing to your frequent session disconnections.

Testing your modem for connection integrity to Reckon Accounts Hosted

Hosted continually disconnects after 20 mins operation

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Viv A
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Rav,
    I'll have a look at the links on Monday.
    Have a good weekend !
  • Viv A
    edited May 2017
    Rav,

The instructions for the 20 minute ping test are only for Windows PC machines. I run a Mac.
  • Crown Connections Australia
    Crown Connections Australia Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2019
    Sorry to rehash and old topic.

I also get logged out of sessions many times a day, and cant always log back in.

It says that that user is still logged in, so I logged in as Admin and the session crashed so Now I am out of users to log in as (see attached)image.

I tried file>exit, I tried rebooting laptop, I tried dumping the cache......

Any help appreciated
  • Crown Connections Australia
    Crown Connections Australia Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2019
    Seems I can log back in after about an hour (and 3 re boots) which is very inconvenient for a business taking phone calls every 15 minutes or so