Can I open a Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 file using other Reckon products?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi there,

Does anyone know if I can open a Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 data file from Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2016/ Reckon Accounts Premier AE 2016?

I had a message saying that the I am not able to use that file with any other Reckon products if I upgrade to the Enterprise/Premier AE 2016.

Is there any solution for this? I only have the two software above.

Please let me know. 

Thanks.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hello QBQuery,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Yes you can open a Plus edition in higher editions like Premier and Enterprise.  However, that file will be upgraded to work with that edition and the Plus edition will no longer be able to open the company file.  

I see you have access to the Accountant's Edition.  You should toggle to another edition (File > Toggle to another edition) and select Plus.  You can then work on the file and return it to the user who will be able to open the file again after your changes.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to toggle to another edition in Enterprise version. I don't seem to be able to toggle to the Plus edition.  Below is a screenshot of my version.image

Is there any other choice to do it so that the user of the Plus 2016 can open this Enterprise file?

Thanks.