Unable to install personal plus 2017

Emma Read
Emma Read Member Posts: 6
Hi,

I've renewed my license to 2017 Personal Plus. I've clicked on the link to download files, unzipped then and run the .exe file. The install screen starts, I select my region but when I click install 2017 Personal Plus it stops and nothing happens.

What should I do next?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2017
    Hi there Emma,

No error messages appear during this process after running the .exe?

Have you uninstalled your previous version already?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Emma Read
    edited August 2017
    Hi Rav,

No error message. I haven't uninstalled the 2016 version. Not sure how to do that....

Thanks

• Emma Read
    edited August 2017
    Hi Rav, I have uninstalled 2016 version and still no luck, no error message either. Any suggestions?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2017
    Hi Emma,

What's your operating system? Are you running Windows 8 64bit by any chance?

I've found a KB article here which sounds somewhat similar to what you're experiencing -

Cannot install Accounts Personal on a Windows 8, 64-bit PC

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Emma Read
    edited August 2017
    Windows 10 64 bit. Do you think it's worth trying?