Transfer funds message

Carol_7524758
Carol_7524758 Member Posts: 16
edited June 2019 in Accounts Hosted
How can I get rid of this message, we recently changed to Accounts Hosted, are not using online banking and every time I transfer funds (which is a lot) I get an annoying message telling me this transfer will only occur in my company file, which is correct.  Please turn it off for those who do not use online banking

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2017
    Hello Carol,

I'm sorry that you find the warning on Bank Transfers so annoying.  Its a message that comes up only when banks are not configured for online banking and the option Online Bank Transfer is not ticked.  It won't be changed as far too many users are under the impression that processing this transaction in Reckon Accounts automatically initiates the transfer at the bank.  We think it is a warning worth keeping.  

regards,
    John.
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2017

Hi Carol  Just reading some of the posts. I never use the Transfer Funds facility as I find it restrictive as to being able to add more description and follow what is happening with the entry. I use either Write Cheques or Make Deposits for transfers. Have done so to 20 plus years.

For transfers have set up in Other Names e.g. Transfer 2544 (last 4 numbers of the bank account you are transferring to). When you are transferring from your Working Account say 1478 and you want to transfer to bank account 2544, in the Payee type Transfer 2544 and the Account down the bottom of the form will show Bank account 2544. You are able to enter other detail if needed in either memo area. For this work around, you won't get that annoying message.

• Carol_7524758
    Carol_7524758 Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2017
    I have removed the online banking option and am still getting the message.  I have phoned Reckon and they told me to remove the bank details on the Online Banking Tab, which I did and it worked until I closed the Transfer Funds window.  When I reopened the Transfer Funds window I found the message had reappeared and when I checked my Online Banking Tab, I found the banking details had mysteriously reappeared.  I phoned the Support line and they want me to created new bank accounts and merge my bank details.  I refuse to do this, Reckon needs to fix this problem.  I should not need to waste more time than I already have trying to resolve this issue.