Attach a file to invoice before emailing in Accounts Hosted

Katrina Crute
Katrina Crute Member Posts: 23
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I was wondering if there was some way of attaching a document to the invoice prior to emailing it from Hosted.  Currently I have to download the invoice and email it with the attachment from Outlook, but I would much rather upload the delivery docket and attach it to the invoice.  This can occur in Xero quite easily (and I can see C: drive), I don't want to go to Xero (AT ALL) but desperately want this feature in Hosted.  Is it there and I just can't see it?

Thanks for your assistance.
Katrina

Comments

• Katrina Crute
    edited January 2018
    Have I tried what?
  • Katrina Crute
    edited January 2018
    Kevin, I can't see how to attach a file to an email in Hosted thats what I am asking for; obviously I can't see where you do that.  I just click email and the email goes, there doesn't appear to be anyway of adding an attachment. What am I missing? Did you provide some instructions somewhere?
  • Katrina Crute
    edited January 2018
    Kevin, Do you have any further advice for me?
  • Joy Bodker
    Joy Bodker Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2018
    Hello Katrina,
    If you select email a tax invoice at the top left side there is a box that says attachment, this then opens the select file attachment box and you can choose Qdrive or Bdrive and the file you need, I guess you would need to upload the file first into Qdrive. I just tried this and the file is in the Upload folder in Qdrive.
    Hope this helps.
    Joy
  • Pam_9173848
    Pam_9173848 Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2018
    Thankyou Joy I too did not know if you could attach an invoice and was following this thread and appreciate your clear answer! 
  • Ginie Smith_9511314
    Ginie Smith_9511314 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Thanks heaps Joy Bodker, that greatly helped me as well!
  • Daniel Cozzolino
    Daniel Cozzolino Member Posts: 5

Hi, I am trying to do this in the Reckon Accounts Hosted 2021 but cannot see any box on top left as described above.

I have looked in File > Send Forms and also from within the Tax Invoice Form itself but still cannot find it.

Would someone please help direct me? With thanks, Daniel

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I am unable to see it either, would be interesting to hear if it’s possible

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Except that my email window does not open up to allow me to select attachment or change message

• Kris_Williams

Danny

go to Preferences, Online, Company preferences tab and tick the box ‘display each email before sending”

‘Just found it

• Kris_Williams

I’ve Never had to turn it on in previous versions

• Daniel Cozzolino
    Daniel Cozzolino Member Posts: 5

Thanks a lot for your help! I will try it out soon.