how do i delete a termination date

Options
Tracey Newton
Tracey Newton Member Posts: 5
edited June 2018 in Accounts Hosted
I have made a terminated inactive employee active, but unable to remove the termination date. Can you please advise how to do this.

Comments

• John Gibson
    John Gibson Accredited Partner Posts: 47 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You should simply be able to go to the list of employees (all employees) double click the employee name, Change Tabs to Employment Info, clear the Release Date 
  • Tracey Newton
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have cleared the release date but the termination date is still showing in the status bar at the top right side  "Terminated as of 20/08/2017"
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Welcome to the Reckon community Tracey.

You have 2 ways of removing the Tremination Date (or re-hiring the employee).
    The simple way is to blank the Release Date on the Employee Centre > right-click the Employee > Edit Employee > Change tabs to Employment Info > Release Date; and delete the date entry there.

If you are allowing continuation of benefits from previous employment period, then you need to set an Adjusted Service Date.  This can only be done through the Employee Organiser, So, in the Employee Centre > right-click the Employee > Hire Employee  > click on Edit, employee name.  

Now work through the record and on page 6, Rehire must be set to Yes and in the Adjusted Service date, enter the appropriate Date from which access to benefits will be calculated. Continue on to finish the process and restore your Employee.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Tracey Newton
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks John, the second way through the Employee Organiser worked.