deposit gst missing

Options
Kelly_9738639
Kelly_9738639 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When we have Direct Credit deposits, I enter these into Reckon under 'make deposit'. This does not come up with any GST. How can I find this? or is the deposit feature not for this purpose - if not, what is it for and how should i be recording DC. 
We record day to day sales - cash or EFT through sales receipt.

Comments

• Linda Benfield
    Linda Benfield Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi Kelly,

You are correct there is no GST option in the make deposit window.

Make Deposits is used for grouping Sale payments into one deposit, like Cash/Cheques, EFTPOS daily sales/payments etc... So they match the single amount on the Bank Statement.

However you need to record the sale first as either a Sales Receipt to Undeposited Funds or an invoice payment to Undeposited Funds and then the payments appear and can be ticked to be grouped as one deposit.

Hope that helps

Linda

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi Kelly.  Further to what Linda has said, if you are creating a sales receipt for a direct deposit, there is no need to send it to Undeposited Funds first - it can be directed straight to the bank account and thereby save a transaction.  
    John L G
  • Kelly_9738639
    Kelly_9738639 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks for your help all. Yes - we use the deposits to match the single accounts on the bank statement.. but in the deposits I have entered these straight to the bank account they are in, not to undeposited funds.
    I have made a number of deposits like this, but these have now been reconciled as well. How would you go about correcting this?