YTD Balances are not showing up in Gov Connect

Options
Kirstie Coulter
Kirstie Coulter Member Posts: 4
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
I've been using Reckon One for 5 weeks and so far have been unsuccessful in getting the YTD balances to show up when posting to Gov Connect. All YTD balances are correct and appear correctly on payslips, but for some reason only 1 employee has a YTD balance and that is incorrect. I called last week and had a very confusing and frustrating conversation with someone who didn't answer my questions, I was told to enter the balances in the YTD Payment Summaries section which I have now done but it doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone had this problem or has a solution for me? I have still not submitted a pay through Gov Connect because the balances are wrong and I don't know if I will stuff things up if I send it through with zero balances and incorrect balances.

Thanks

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Kirstie

5 weeks using Reckon One - did you start the business 5 weeks ago and payroll from nil.  Or did you bring the staff over from another system to reckon one 5 weeks ago, and the staff YTD go back to 1Jul19 or should?
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This might help if payroll was started in another system and brought into Reckon One 5 weeks ago.

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/ytd-opening-balances-not-showing-on-payment-summaries
  • Kirstie Coulter
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Sorry, I only started single touch payroll this financial year and had be trying a few different software options before settling on Reckon One. So to date I have not submitted any data to the ATO since their 1st Oct deadline. I didn't submit anything through the other platforms I tried, therefore when i set up my employees in reckon one I put the YTD balances from the 1st July 19. We've been operating since July 2018.
  • Kirstie Coulter
    edited April 2020
    Options
    UPDATE: I have solved my problem. If the person I spoke to on Helpdesk listened to me I might have been able to solve it much sooner.

So when I started using Reckon One I needed to set up YTD Payroll Set up on each tab: Pays, Taxes & Payment Summaries (my staff are casual so no Leave balances) all as at the last pay processed on my previous software provider. Once I went through everything, I Undid all the Pays in Single Touch Payroll, and returned all Payruns to Draft. I then refreshed the screen and processed one at a time through Pay runs, then through Single Touch Payroll starting with the first payrun. Then went back and processed the next pay run in both screens and so on. I did a test in INB Payment Summaries to check that the balances are correct as at the latest payrun (which they were). Then submitted to Gov Connect and it worked! So satisfied now!

I hope this helps anyone who has the same problem as me.
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Kirstie

this is why I asked did you start payroll this financial year or bring forward from another system, as from another sytsem you need to setup the YTD that you brought over.  But you answered you only started STP from this financial year, so YTD balances were supposedly not the issue.

Glad it is sorted.