A Program is Trying to Send an Email Message on your Behalf - Office 2019 and Reckon

Lachlan Brierley
Lachlan Brierley Member Posts: 5
This is the error we get popping up when we try to send an email out of Reckon to Office H&B 2019.

How can we remove this popup? I have checked to make sure our antivirus is up to date and have also checked Programmatic Access under Trust Center settings in Outlook.
This also affects our ability to send multiple emails as we can only send 1 email at a time with those pop ups.

We are running:
Office Home and Bussiness 2019 32 bit
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Reckon Accounts Premier Manufactoring and Wholesale Edition 2019

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Lachlan Brierley
    edited December 2019
    Please also see attached here the error we are getting from outlook, we also get on the Reckon side of things " Server Busy - This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy."
  • Lachlan Brierley
    edited December 2019
    Is anyone able to help?
  • Lachlan Brierley
    edited December 2019
    Hey guys,

I lodged this question about a week agao now and was just wondering if I could get some help with the above issue... This issue is starting to affect business and I have not been able to find anything online that will help us with the issue.

Regards,
    Lachlan
  • Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    For what its worth, I did a bit of googling and this looks to be on the Outlook end rather than Reckon - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/3189806/a-program-is-trying-to-send-an-e-mail-message-on-your-behalf-warning-i

Sorry, look slike you've already done all that
  • Lachlan Brierley
    edited December 2019
    Hey Eric,

Thanks for the reply, I have already tried the solutions in the link provided but still seem to have the same issue.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2019
    Hi Lachlan, 
    I've had a chat with our Support team about this message and they've advised its an occurrence that originates outside of the Reckon Accounts software so apart from the steps in the Microsoft article which you've already undertaken, its best have a chat with your IT professional to perhaps look at the permissions that are triggering Outlook to confirm each outbound email attempt.

I'm not sure how much I can add to this unfortunately but as an aside, have there been any changes to your operating environment since the last time you were able to successfully send an email? ie. changes to your operating system, anti-virus and/or Office/Outlook such as updates etc.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anne_10599324
    Anne_10599324 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue.
    Laptop 1 - 6 years old, Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 (upgraded through the years), Outlook 2019 (upgraded though the years) - works fine
    Laptop 2 - brand new, bought to replace Laptop 1 - Reckon Accounts 2019 Premier (fresh install), Outlook 2019 (fresh install) - issue described as above
    AV installed and up to date (same corporate licence on both)
    W10Pro on both machines
    Done the Programmatic Access  thing
    Only happens with Reckon Accounts

"have a chat with your IT professional" <- I AM the IT Professional ............

• caz_10035046
    caz_10035046 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2020
    This registry change fixed it for me (Microsoft 365 - Outlook April/May 2020)
    Need to create 10 new DWORD 32bit registry keys as per below.

Source:
    https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2212117-outlook-programmatic-access-greyed-out-for-users

alekseiharlasov Verified ProfessionalMay 27, 2019 at 10:42 PM
    I got a reply from Microsoft Technical Support which actually works, however, Microsoft said that this is up to you to software developers to properly integrate with Outlook and prevent the security prompts from happening.
    Correct Values for Office 2016 ProPlus ClickToRun (O365)
    This results in the following Registry keys being set:
    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\Security
    Value name: AdminSecurityMode
    Value type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 3

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\Security
    Value name: PromptOOMSend
    Value name: PromptOOMAddressBookAccess
    Value name: PromptOOMAddressInformationAccess
    Value name: PromptOOMMeetingTaskRequestResponse
    Value name: PromptOOMSaveAs
    Value name: PromptOOMFormulaAccess
    Value name: PromptSimpleMAPISend
    Value name: PromptSimpleMAPINameResolve
    Value name: PromptSimpleMAPIOpenMessage
    Value type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 2

• abe chalhoub
    abe chalhoub Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    Easy way that fixed my issue was these steps

- Inside Reckon Accounts click on
    - Edit
    - Preferences
    - Company Preferences (Tab)
    - If the "display email before sending is unchecked, then put a tick on that box then press okay.

That is what worked for me.
  • Anne_10599324
    edited May 2020
    Doesnt work with this particular issue I'm afraid - it was one of the first things I tried
  • Anne_10599324
    edited June 2020
    I have found a workaround, that is not only simple, but works.
    Ditch Outlook for sending stuff from Reckon Accounts (invoices / remits / payslips etc)
    Set up a gmail account if you dont already have one (fortunately I already have one on our domain for sending large files to clients / google drive). Change Reckon Accounts to use gmail.
    Give google / gmail permission to use other programs (a notification comes up - just do what it wants)
    Bingo. It works.
    Another Micro$og fail fixed.