How to post a pay run with a week of annual leave

Angela_10207735
Angela_10207735 Member Posts: 20
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
Hi, which fields am I supposed to add to post a pay run for an employee who is going on one week of paid leave? 

Do I need to add in the Annual Leave field only and not the Ordinary field, so that the employee doesn't get paid twice?

Or do I need to add the Ordinary field with the week's earnings Rate and also add an Annual Leave field (with the number of leave hours taken under Qty and then leave rate as 0)? What if I want to add Annual Leave - loading as well? 

Thank you!

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    If they are getting 2 weeks pay, 1 ordinary and 1 annual leave you will have 2 rates of pay with the number of hours against each rate. When you select Annual leave it should also calculate loading if you have set it up. Just enter the number of hours in each line.
  • Angela_10207735
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Kris! For a weekly pay run, can I just enter 1 annual leave with 1 rate of pay? I usually enter 1 ordinary, but since the employees will be on leave for that particular pay run, I need to capture both the annual leave and their pay for that week. Thank you. 
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Yes that’s fine, I would normally pay their holiday pay with their week pay they worked, then nothing the following week, but if they still want to get paid weekly instead of all at once that’s the way to do it
  • Angela_10207735
    edited December 2019
    Thanks so much, Kris!