I have not been able to send an email for the past 2 hours.

Andrea Taylor
Andrea Taylor Member Posts: 21
edited December 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I have not been able to email any forms from Reckon Hosted since 1140 AEST 20/12/19. 

Due to the flaw in the system which does not allow you to see what has been sent, I have myself automatically BCC'd into every type of from sent from all 4 of the companies I use.  I have even tried emailing myself directly and nothing is coming through.

How on earth am I supposed to finish of the December invoicing before close of business for the year if it won's send?

Please help

Comments

• DFB
    DFB Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Andrea.

You are able to check your emails by downloading the log file and seeing if there is an issue somewhere. To download the log file:

1. Click on the download tool box (That funny looking red symbol)
    2. Navigate to you Q: drive. 
    3. Open the folder "LOG"
    4. Find the file titled "QBMailClient_20191220.log" or similar numbered file.
    5. It will down load into your DOWNLOAD folder
    6. Open the file with Notepad or Word
    7. See if there are any error messages that might indicate any issues.

See how you go with that.

Regards

DB
  • Andrea Taylor
    edited December 2019
    Thanks DB

I found the log easily enough.  It is only showing the stuff that hasn't sent today, not anything which did go out.  These emails still say "sending". 

Should I assume they will go eventually?

Thanks

Andrea

• DFB
    DFB Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Not sure if they will go or not. That may be a question for the Reckon team.

One quick question, has anything changed since the last time you successfully sent an email? Have you had any issues sending emails from outside of Reckon? 

Just looking for something that may point to the issue.

Regards

DB

• Andrea Taylor
    edited December 2019
    I am going to assume they won't go and will just have to resend next year.  It is what it is I guess.

Nothing had changed.  I actually emailed some out this morning and all was good.  It was only later I realised I wasn't getting my copies of anything sent after about 11.30am. It just happened.......!!

Thanks for your advise DB.  Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :)

• Andrea Taylor
    edited December 2019
    Hi Kevin

Please explain how to use the pop mail option.  I am simply using what was set up when we activated the Reckon Hosted software. 

Thanks in advance.

Andrea