Setting up new file and transferring data from old file and Bank feeds

Options
Grant McKenzie
Grant McKenzie Member Posts: 3
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi I'm taking over a set of accounts that are using Reckon Accounts hosted. They became GST registered from 1/10/2019. A new file was set up for this current financial year however it hasn't been used yet and wages for the past 6 months have been processed through an old file. There is a lot of unpaid/inactive customers/suppliers in the old file that it was easier to set up a new file and start a fresh. Is there a more efficient way to re-enter the weekly wages into the new file without having to reenter all the data again? Am also looking at setting up bank feeds - what is the best way to set this up?

Comments

• Grant McKenzie
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I think you may have misunderstood my query. Obviously all the wages need to be entered into the new file otherwise the bank would not be able to reconciled. I was wondering if there was a way of exporting/importing the already entered transactions from the old file to the new file? Similar to importing/exporting lists. Many many years this could be done with transactions as well through the Quicken program. 
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    You can set up YTD balances for each employee for the pays that have been processed. Instead of processing each pay cheque again.

When doing the YTD make sure you select advanced options and tick do not effect accounts.

Then process the wage payments as normal cheques, to get bank reco correct.

Will also need to do journals for Super, PAYGW amounts.

Adrian
  • Grant McKenzie
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks Adrian