BACK PAY SUPER

Sheena
Sheena Member Posts: 4
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
I have just received the super details for an employee who started 3 pays ago. The previous pays have all been submitted to STP. How do I add the super for the 3 pays where no super was calculated? Do I need to redo these pays OR can I calculate it myself and override it on her next pay? THANK YOU!!

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I have found it simpler to go back and change each pay, after setting up the relevant super info and changing the date from which the super should start so Reckon One automatically calculates it. Doesn’t matter that they’ve been submitted, adjusted pays will be included in next STP submission. At least that’s how I understand it
  • Deepak Gyawali
    Deepak Gyawali Reckon Staff Posts: 61 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Sheena,

I recommend editing the past pays and process super for the missing pays. If you have the status "Successful" on your past submission, you can either submit an update event for the employee or wait for the next STP submission
  • Sheena
    Sheena Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Kris and Deepak .... how do I change a pay? I cannot see an edit button? I only want to edit one person not the whole pay run?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    You click on the payrun and select undo payrun - it’s top right. Then change what you need, making sure only the super changes and nothing else. I would write down the total of gross an s tax before you start to check against when you’re finished. Then click finish payrun
  • kenl90
    kenl90 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭

I've had this problem at least a few times a year but Reckon support doesn't seem to know how to resolve this except to request that users undo all the affected payruns and rerun again. Although this resolves the issue, it is very tedious and not an elegant. Why?

1. For those doing weekly payruns (like I do), it is tedious and very time consuming
    2. User has to reconcile all the pay for each pay rerun, in case something goes wrong
    3. User has to then resubmit the new payrun to the ATO

After more than a year, I believed I've found the solution.

1. Go to Payroll Setup/ Pay Items and set up a new Super item. I called the new SGC item "SGC (backdated)". I defaulted the amount to $100. You can change this during the payrun for this employee by working out the amount manually for the month - see attachment
    2. Go to the employee profile and select the "Pay Setup" tab. Make sure you add this new item for the payrun that you want to backpay the month's SGC. Since this is done only once (to backpay SGC), you can delete this item from the employer/Pay Setup before the next payrun
    3. That's it. Check the payslip and all the reports to ensure it's correct.

All the best.

• kenl90
    kenl90 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭

My apologies... mistake in my post above on May 25 - correct RESC flag

1. Go to Payroll Setup/ Pay Items and set up a new Super item. I called the new SGC item "SGC (Manual)". I defaulted the amount to SR. You will change this amount during the pay run for this employee by working out the amount manually for the month - see attachment (In my case the SGC for the month to date is $88.08)
    2. Go to the employee profile and select the "Pay Setup" tab. Make sure you add this new item for the pay run that you want to backpay the month's SGC. Since this is done only once (to backpay SGC), you can delete this item from the employer/Pay Setup before the next pay run. You MUST tick "Stat rate RESC Exempt" otherwise it will appear as RESC in your IMB statement
    3. That's it. Check the payslip and all the reports to ensure it's correct