How do I enter partly paid amounts on shares?

Chris Nunn
Chris Nunn Member Posts: 4
Does anyone know how to enter investment purchases on Reckon Accounts Personal Plus where the full commitment might be $1 but only, say, 20c is called initially, then other call amounts until you get to $1?

Comments

• David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi Chris

One way to do sixths would be by entering the initial 20c as the cost, and then making additional "capital contributions" - which increases the paid capital base, without changing the number of shares.
  • Chris Nunn
    edited February 2020
    Thanks David, prima facie, that sounds like a good suggestion but what Transaction type is "capital contributions" or enables me to increase the cost base without increasing the number of shares?  I am using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 and there seems to be no such type available.  Sorry if I am missing something.
  • David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi Chris

What you are missing is that sometimes you need to enter data in Reckon as negatives. 
    Therefore, by using the 'capital return' transaction type, with a negative sign, you should achieve the desired goal.

Good luck

• Chris Nunn
    edited February 2020
    Thanks.  I guess sometimes the "bleeding obvious" eludes us!!  I will try that and advise.