How do I enter partly paid amounts on shares?

Options
Chris Nunn
Chris Nunn Member Posts: 4
Does anyone know how to enter investment purchases on Reckon Accounts Personal Plus where the full commitment might be $1 but only, say, 20c is called initially, then other call amounts until you get to $1?

Comments

• David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Chris

One way to do sixths would be by entering the initial 20c as the cost, and then making additional "capital contributions" - which increases the paid capital base, without changing the number of shares.
  • Chris Nunn
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks David, prima facie, that sounds like a good suggestion but what Transaction type is "capital contributions" or enables me to increase the cost base without increasing the number of shares?  I am using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 and there seems to be no such type available.  Sorry if I am missing something.
  • David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Chris

What you are missing is that sometimes you need to enter data in Reckon as negatives. 
    Therefore, by using the 'capital return' transaction type, with a negative sign, you should achieve the desired goal.

Good luck

• Chris Nunn
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks.  I guess sometimes the "bleeding obvious" eludes us!!  I will try that and advise.