Back up to Hosted B/: drive I keep getting a message saying Reckon is unable to do the back up.

Penelope Martin
Penelope Martin Member Posts: 8
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Back up to Hosted B/: drive I keep getting a message saying Reckon is unable to do the back up. I've rebuilt and verified data and am still having the problem. I have deleted some backups from last year to make sure there is some room on B/: but it is still not processing a back up. No problems doing my weekly back up the previous week.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I don’t know why but if you’re concerned you could download the data file just to be on the safe side, until such time as the backup works.
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yes I have been having the same issue and it is happening more often. I always delete the older files when it asks. 
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I never delete my old files, just because it’s a long process when there are so many and I never seem to have time at that moment, I rarely have any problems, but if I do I just download the qbw fileuntil it comes good again
  • Penelope Martin
    edited March 2020
    Yes I have been doing that too. Today I went in and deleted some more but I stil couldn’t back up
  • Penelope Martin
    edited March 2020
    Ive not had any problems before that the occasional rebuild hasn’t fixed This is the first time I have had it say it’s unable to back up after separate rebuild and data being verified as ok
  • Penelope Martin
    edited March 2020
    Thanks everyone who posted.  Today I have been able to succesfully complete a backup.  No idea what the problem was or why it wouldn't do this Friday or yesterday.  I had tried logging off and going back in yesterday, still with no success.  Today it is done on the first attempt..